Back to School Information & FAQs
We also invite you to view additional information relating to protocols, procedures and FAQs that impact our operations:
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning Plan – details the learning experience for students in self-paced and real time learning options.
- Operational Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – details about campus sanitization and precautionary practices.
- Technology Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – information on technology support that impacts teachers and staff.
- COVID-19 Protocols English & Spanish
- 2020-21 Back-to-School Guidance Document
- 2020-21 Back-to-School Guidance Document(Spanish)
Updated on 3/14/2021
We are providing our families two learning options for the 2020-2021 school year:
Option 1: Full-time, face-to-face instruction for 5 days per week, with safety, disinfection, and physical distancing protocols.
Option 2: Full-time, remote instruction for 5 days per week. This type of instruction option will be provided ‘synchronously’ which is a two-way, real-time/live, virtual instruction between teachers and students, or ‘asynchronously’ which does not require having the teacher and student engaged at the same time. In other words, the teacher and students will connect throughout the day, but students have the ability to access and complete assignments within a flexible time frame. Teachers will determine which type of instruction is best for the subject.
Please note, if a family would like to change their selection, they must wait until the start of a new grading period. The written request must be approved by the school before the change can occur and must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the end of a grading period.
Updated on 9/10/2020
Education Plan for Remote Instruction
New Frontiers Public Schools leadership have come together, to provide academic instruction for our students of families who have chosen remote education. Our educators have created virtual learning environments, complete with online video uploads, electronic assistance and numerous learning resources for all grade levels. We look forward to working together with families to ensure our students continue their education in their desired remote learning environment.
FLMACA Education Plan for Virtual Instruction
Frank L. Madla Accelerated Collegiate Academy teachers will employ a Project Based Learning model based on the differentiated curriculum through the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) that enhances gifted and talented programs. Google classrooms will be used as the primary digital platform. Also, daily readings will take place on the campus Facebook with resources to learning extension projects. Additionally, a sample home-based learning schedule will be provided to all families to support the non-traditional learning day.
FLMECHS Education Plan for Virtual Instruction
At Frank L. Madla Early College High School daily virtual lessons, weekly assignments and discussion board questions will be posted for each course; material will not to be published until the day of the class. Schoology will be used as the primary digital platform. Electronic instructional assistance will be available during designated times Monday through Thursday. Teachers will check-in with homeroom students weekly; they will message all students regarding grades. A minimum of two grades will be recorded every week – per course. The weight of assignments will remain the same.
Meal Service Update
- We understand how important breakfast and lunch are for our students’ health and growth, New Frontiers Public Schools Food Services team will offer a meal pick up program for remote learners and on-site service for face-to-face learners.
- From 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, breakfast and lunch will be available in the pavilion area of our 4018 S. Presa campus (off Ward St.) for the Frank L. Madla Accelerated Collegiate Academy and Frank L. Madla Early College High School remote learning students on Monday (meals for Mon-Wed provided) and Wednesday (meals for Thur-Fri provided).
- Students receiving meals do not need to be present in the vehicle at time of pickup.
- Face-to-Face learners will receive on-site daily meals as per operational protocols.
Updated on 9/10/2020